This file contains important settings, controlling the encoder operation. The file is located by default at the folder "C:\Program Files\Noisypeak Sarl\Connected\Transcoder\config". The file may be edited in any text editor, such as Notepad. You should run the text editor with administrator rights.
When you save the changes to this file, the Noisypeak Connected service have to be stopped, otherwise your changes will not be saved.
We do not recommend to perform any changes to this file if you do not clearly understand what you are doing. Encoder operation can be affected easily.
Here is the list of key parameters, you may want to change:
- EnableLTCGenerator – switches on the synthetic timestamps (true suits most of the cases);
- ZeroBasedLTC – resets the beginning of the synthetics timestamps to 0 (if true), or to the offset from LTCReferenecePoint (if ZeroBasedLTC = false);
- LTCReferencePoint – works if ZeroBasedLTC = false, setting the date for LTC generator to start from;
- EnableVideoTranscoderMigration – (NP8 only) – automatic load balancing, allowing to move the tasks from highly loaded GPUs to the less loaded ones;
- UIPort – port, where Web UI is working;
- LogLevel – logging detail level in the range 0-100 (higher value – more detail)
- FailedTaskRestartInterval – time in seconds for attempting to restart the stopped task;
- TempDir – path for the temporary files;
- OutputDir (for HLS, MPEG DASH and SmoothStreaming output) – sets default HTTP (FTP, SMB) URL for publishing chunks to WebDav (FTP, Samba) server in the following format – HTTP://IP_WebDav_server/(folder_name), ftp://<FTP_server_IP address>/output_folder_name or \\SMB_server_IP address>\output_folder_name. By default encoder publishes to itself (http://localhost/output/). If OutputURL field of some output stream has the full HTTP (FTP, SMB) path with protocol prefix, OutputDir value in state.dat is ignored for that output stream;
- LogDir – path to the logs folder in the local file system;
- HLSGenerateAudioOnlyQuality - set to "true" if you want to generate audio only HLS;
- HLSWindowLengthSegments – number of chunks stored in publication point and in the playlists;
- EnableCCInjector - set to "true" if you are going to pass-through Closed Captions to the output.
All the other parameters are set to the optimal values, changing them is not recommended.
Save the changes after the editing and run Noisypeak Connected service.